What began 13 years ago by one of the founders as a class project called FaucetDirect.com, Build.com has today become one of the top DIY (Do-It-Yourself) and home improvement online stores. While almost everyone and their brother claims their site to be user-friendly and informative, we at Chic Tip think Build.com–ahem–nails it! Here’s why:
1. Products, Products and More Products. With about 700,000 top-notch bath, kitchen, lighting, fan, hardware, appliance, heating and cooling, tools, outdoor and flooring products, the opportunities to renovate, refurbish and re-do are pretty much endless.
2. Specialists. So you’re deciding between a keyless entry system but do you go touch-screen or basic keypad, something with a keyless remote even? Fear not, one of Build.com’s 155 product specialists is on-call to help you right then and there. Initiate a chat with any of their friendly–not to mention, patient–specialists and you’ll be on your way in no time. Another fun facet of their site, you can actually click to view an expert profile and you’ll be able to reach him or her on the phone with a direct extension or email. Talk about personalized service!
3. Watch and Learn. So you spoke to the Build.com expert, found the product you need, bought it and now it’s time for installation. Don’t sweat it. Build.com not only provides informative PDF downloads with step-by-step instructions but they take it to the next level with easy-to-follow videos. It’s kind of like having HGTV on-demand–what could be better?
4. Get Rewarded. So how many e-commerce sites which deal with building/home improvement products actually have a rewards program….yeah, we know. Build.com, however, not only has a comprehensive rewards system based on purchase amounts but also gives you points for referrals. Levels include Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond (invite-only) and features perks like discount codes, members-only savings, exclusive access to special sales, anniversary gifts and even your own dedicated “customer success manager.”
5. Inspiration. So it’s 2014 and of course, everyone and everything is online. Build.com has gone ahead and created a spectacular e-catalog for customers to page through to get ideas and inspirations. The catalogs are beautifully-designed and take on the feel of an upscale design magazine which we think is just plain fabulous.
Chic Tip was lucky enough to receive amazing complimentary lighting from Build.com.