- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 (10-ounce) jar blueberry preserves
- Garnishes: fresh mint leaves, edible pansies
- Arrange half of bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle evenly with cream cheese and 1 cup blueberries; top with remaining bread cubes.
- Whisk together eggs, 4 cups milk, sugar, butter, and maple syrup; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until lightly browned and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir together remaining 2 cups blueberries and blueberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat until warm. Serve blueberry mixture over bread pudding. Garnish, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living
Posted by Keren Fathi-Poor at 10 August, 2012