Last updated: Apr 1, 2010
ChicTip.com LLC. (the “Company”) is committed to protecting your personal information.
The Company uses the personal information it collects about you for the limited uses outlined below in this policy.
ChicTip.com, MyDesignPick.com and ChicTraveler.com adhere to fair information collection and use practices in connection with our Websites and otherwise in our general course of business, including complying with the following requirements:
Our operations are in compliance with all FTC Guidelines and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations with respect to online privacy and we identify the nature and scope of the collection, transfer and use of data collected on our Websites, including an appropriate choice mechanism, that is in compliance with the 2008 Network Advertising Initiatives Principles, as amended, and which details our collection, retention, use, disclosure and transfer of and information that is identifiable to any individual.
“Services” means the services provided by the Company’s Website;
“Website” means www.chictip.com domain and any sub-domains thereof and including sites within the ChicTip.com LLC network, which currently includes MyDesignPick.com and ChicTraveler.com thereof;
“Company” means ChicTip.com LLC and entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with ChicTip.com LLC.
Information that the Company Collects
The information that we collect is aimed to allow us to provide you with better services and a more enjoyable experience. We may collect the following types of information:
- Email address information, as required to subscribe to any newsletters and RSS feed subscription our network of sites may offer;
- Information supplied by your browser when accessing our Website, such as IP address, type of browser, date and time of access, etc.;
Use of Information
The Company uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
· Internal Use. The Company uses the information collected for statistical analysis on an anonymous basis for internal purposes, to improve its Website and Services, and to better tailor the Website and Services to meet your needs.
· Resolving Problems. The Company may use information and other data it obtains from your current and past activities to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems and to monitor and enforce the Company’s Terms of Service.
The Company will notify you prior to using your personal information for a purpose(s) other than that for which it was originally collected or was subsequently authorized by you, and will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of such other use.
Disclosure of Information
General Rule. The Company will not disclose, sell or transfer any of your personal information, to any third parties (e.g., advertisers or business partners), except in the following cases:
· Opt-Out. The Company notified you of such transfer in advance and gave you the opportunity to choose to opt-out of such transfer.
· Merger or Sale. In the event that the Company merges with or is acquired by another business entity or sells all or substantially all of its assets to an acquirer, the Company may share some or all or your personal information with the merged or acquiring company in order to continue serving you and others and continuing to offer you the Services.
The Company will make reasonable efforts to notify you in the event that it shares any of your personal information with a merging or acquiring company.
Business Partners. The Company may at any time add business partners or co-branded sites to its site, but the sharing of information with them will be limited to only statistical information regarding users in general including user information provided on an anonymous basis, and the Company will not disclose any of your personal information, correspondence (other than correspondence posted to the Website, which is freely accessible), or any related information.
Links and Displayed Sites. The Company’s site may contain links to other sites. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such linked or otherwise displayed sites.
Choice. You may, at any time, choose to have any of your personal information that is inaccurate deleted or amended.
The Company’s site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the Company strives to protect your personal information, it cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit to the Company or any information that you receive from the Service, and you transmit such information at your own risk. Your registered user account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Please make sure to protect your account information and log off when you are done using the Website if other users have access to the same computer.
Editing Registration Data
You may review and edit the information input by you when registering with the Website by using your e-mail address or User ID and Password. If you cancel your account, you may also have such registration data deleted fromteh Company’s database by sending your request to the Company.
However, you should be aware that once posted, you cannot change or remove any public postings made to [NAME OF COMPANY]’s Website (such as in the “Community” section). You should also be aware that even if you delete your registration data, there may remain residual information that will remain within the Company’s databases, access logs and/or other records, which may or may not contain personal information.